My client wants to sell his house using a contract drafted by his attorney instead of the TREC-promulgated form. Is that OK?

1 minuteread

Yes. While license holders are required by law to use a TREC-promulgated form when one exists for a particular transaction, there is an exception when your client, a principal to the transaction, requires you to use a contract prepared by his attorney. This exception only applies if the contract has been prepared by an attorney at the request of the principal. You should document that your client has made this requirement and remind him to direct any questions he may have about the contract to his attorney.

Source: TAR

Welcome to Realty Nation
Scroll to Top